bill.hinkson (at) gmail.com • Mobile: 203 . 984 . 8038
Web/Reel: www.billhinksondesign.com • Stratford, CT
Animation & Video Professional
Innovative design professional with
15+ years of success shaping and delivering content that maximizes exposure and
message impact for leading organizations. Passionate and entrepreneurial design
professional who translates brand vision into powerful content that resonates
with target audiences. Combines impeccable design sensibility, strong project
management proficiency, and a keen focus on quality to product on-trend
animations, graphics, and designs that exceed client expectations.
3D Animation – Motion Graphics – Editing – Broadcast Design – Web Design – Character Animation/Design
Stratford, Connecticut (2009
Established successful business from the ground up to provide 3D animation, motion graphics, editing, and broadcast design services to clients across the globe. Forged long-standing partnerships with international subcontractors and artists. Consistently delivers top-notch work to maximize client satisfaction and retention. Key engagements include:
- Illustrated, designed, and animated graphic elements and opening sequence for holiday special on Food Network, “The Brass Sisters Celebrate the Holidays”.
- Crafted look and feel of on-air graphics for SPEED series, “Intersections”, including show package, open animation, and up to 6 3D animations per show.
- Created 4 YouTube videos with blend of 3D and 2D animation to attract consumer attention for BIC’s new line of razors.
- Designed graphics package and opening animation for day-after-Thanksgiving special on CBS, “GEICO Best of College Football 2011”.
Blue Chip Films – Norwalk, Connecticut (2008 to 2009)
Brought on full-time based on positive, existing client relationship formed at Rejectbarn Design and Animation. Propelled market expansion by introducing animation into company service offerings. Scope of accountability spanned 3D animation, motion graphics, editing, and broadcast design. Notable clients included PBS, WE, Pepsi, Starbucks, Timex, and Wal-Mart.
- Designed virtual backgrounds and onscreen graphics for Pepsi First Access, and performed green screen keying.
- Created animations and edited music video for the Laurie Berkner Band, “Mouse In My Toolbox”.
- Designed graphics and animations to educate consumers on proper use of Riddell football equipment.
Rejectbarn Design & Animation – Norwalk, Connecticut (2001 to 2008)
Co-launched successful business venture focused on design and animation services, including 3D animation, motion graphics, and broadcast design. Generated substantial client list through strategic networking and client referrals.
- Shaped look and feel for Food Network show, “Ham on the Street”. Created opening animation and HOTS Flash animations for each episode during entire two seasons on air.
- Collaborated with partner to conceptualize brand identity, mascot, and logo for Great Play. Designed 3D animations for mascot, as well as several video games and graphics for interactive children’s gym.
- Promoted sale of Clarks' Unstructured new shoe line through creation of 2-minute piece; modeled and animated Clarks 3D shoe paired with clever descriptions for marketing campaign.
Norwalk, Connecticut (1998
Motion Graphics Designer
Cross-functional role serving as motion graphics artist and multimedia author.
- Teamed with IBM Interactive Training to develop eLearning presentations for web-based training. Recorded and converted onsite training into online courses.
- Developed interactive presentations to illuminate eCommerce ideas for TV integration. Created impactful presentations for President of USA Networks.
Headspin Technologies – Chapel Hill, North Carolina (1997 to 1998)
Performed character animation and design, level design, and conceptual development.
- Instrumental in creation of video game demo that drove sale of company’s video game engine. Efforts resulted in sale of video game engine to Cyan Worlds, creator of one of top selling video games, “Myst”.
Certificate in Computer Art & Animation – School of Communication Arts – Raleigh, North Carolina
Certificate in Advanced Animation – School of Communication Arts – Raleigh, North Carolina
Softimage 2013, Autodesk Mudbox 2013, After Effects CS6, Photoshop CS6,
Final Cut Studio 3